The collision of global markets and social mood

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthplace Of The Burger


Today I stopped at Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT. It felt a little like visiting a shrine.

This is what a secret blend of five different cuts of beef cooked medium rare with cheese, grilled onion, and a slice of tomato on toast looks like. And don't bother asking for ketchup. They don't serve it. A couple New Yorkers got busted asking for it, and it got a little weird in the place for a few moments.



No posts or trades on Thursday. I got home in one piece, and am very thankful. In the morning, I'm gone fishing -- tuna fishing. It'll still feel vaguely like work because fishing is one of my favorite metaphors for the market, and I always learn something when I'm out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment