The collision of global markets and social mood

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Altitude

Not surprised to see the futures up this morning. Yesterday's close just over 1308 suggested the run may not be finished. I'm not a buyer here, though. I never buy highs. The air is too thin.

I dumped my long SSO position at 1304 and 1307 yesterday. Had a nice run from the 1284 area, now out.

We'll need a pullback first before I consider more longs. But I will be looking. Unless the markets roll over enormously from here, 1340-1350 could be the next zone to watch. I also came across a very interesting Bearish Gartley analysis that put the target at 1329.

China's PBOC just injected 183 bln yuan via reverse repos on Thursday, and Brazil lowered interest rates (to 10.5%, plenty of room for more). I find these coincident moves interesting because I feel these countries are joined at the hip economically.

No comments:

Post a Comment