The collision of global markets and social mood

Monday, April 9, 2012

Futures Down Big, Form Is Changing

Market posts will be short this week.  I will be trading, but trying to take it easy too.

Futures have gapped down and look heavy.  I will let the market settle in and look for a spot to try calls for a bounce.  I got whacked on my calls last week after realizing too late that Friday was a holiday.  I've been cautioning that the market's form may be changing.  Indeed it has.  There is still one pattern left that could produce new highs, but for now I will only game a bounce.

The 50-day MA is at 1370 and may get challenged today or tomorrow.  The big number for me is 1340.03 on the cash S&P.  Any indication that the market is unsatisfied with the 50-day MA and 1340 could be the next zone.

Those bearish falling wedges that appeared last week may have been an early warning sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment