The collision of global markets and social mood

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Road Trip -- Day 2: Moab, Utah



Today was a lot more serene than yesterday. No rock slides, no dust storms. Just unspeakably beautiful sights, each one more jaw dropping than the other.

I spent the night in Moab, Utah. This morning I woke up early, cashed in some short positions as the S&P 500 was melting down, then drove 5 short miles north to Arches National Park. I've never seen anything more ethereal in my life. I feel like I've been to the moon.

Speaking of the moon, tomorrow I head to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Another terrestrial lunar landscape. It's been on my list since my impressionable youth and the days of Craig Breedlove and his Spirit of America land speed records.

Regarding the S&P, I would've liked more volume today. But price is price. I would only be a buyer much lower and a seller much higher. Good luck and enjoy the ride. It should be wild either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment