The collision of global markets and social mood

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Road Trip -- Day 9: Pacific Ocean


It finally happened. I hit the coast. What a welcome sight. From Gold Beach to the Haystack at Pacific City (all 235 feet of it), I took in some of the most incredible coastline I've ever seen -- all in a single day. And the smell of the salt air after such a long time! Priceless.

I love that the drama of the Oregon coast is in the water, whereas say on the coast of Maine, the drama is for the most part along the coastline itself. The rock formations along the Oregon coast are the most stunning I've ever seen. The scale of the cliffs against the sea is the most dramatic I've ever seen. I could go on and on. And I did. Holding out until seeing the Pacific City area at almost 8pm and finally saying "this is where I want to be tonight." I had a great cask-conditioned ale at the Pelican Pub in front of the Haystack, then checked into my room and had a big ol' fish fry for dinner at a local pub. Just what I was looking forward to.

And again, the S&P has not hit its lows yet. Be patient.

###
Again, most embarrassing market call ever. I won't ever delete it because I want to remember how incredibly lame it was.

2 comments:

  1. If you are into coastal rock formations checkout the dramatic limestone karst scenery off Phangga Bay :southern Thailand ,Halong Bay :Vietname and El Nido in the Philippines .You will be happy as a pig in sh*t :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great suggestion. Asia is definitely a next stop soon. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete