The collision of global markets and social mood

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Full Moon And The S&P

Looks like we'll be in a range for a bit on the S&P cash, 1265-1292. I'm content to wait until the market tips its hand.

There is a full moon later today, so I'm inclined to look for spots to get long since the cycle seems to have changed. Since the 1370 highs, the market has started down on the new moon and reversed upward on the full moon, signaling a bear phase in the process. So it may well be that I have miscounted the pattern and the S&P is due for some gains. Or not. Like I said, I'm content to wait.

For more information about moon trading, please see the RBS moon study.

I guess it's easy to be content because I'm a dollar bull and the dollar is up in all three of my FX positions (for now). I'm long the dollar against the Swiss franc, the Canadian dollar, and the Japanese yen. This morning I hedged gains in the USDCHF with the 6S Canadian dollar future which trades against USDCHF. So for the time being, I'm protecting my FX gains by going short against them for a few hours at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment